A love of eating noodles and stir fries first and foremost was the initial interest toward the birth of Stir Crazy. Inspired by operators doing similar things in south-east Asia started the idea. After researching hundreds of small and large operations both here and overseas, two partners came together lead by Mark Slater concept developer and managing director today to create the concept restaurant named, Stir Crazy Noodle Bar.The plan and original concept was to create a business model that would include elements below:
- a product cooked fresh to order in front of the customer,
- a product revolved around using fresh, quality grade ingredients
- a product that could be consistently produced over and over again
- an environment that was inviting, fun and casual
- a menu easily navigated and understood
- staff that were friendly, interactive and who could understand your individual requests with a “can do” attitude
- a product that tasted great without introducing all the additives remaining as natural and healthy as possible
- a concept allowing for the product to be served in a casual dine-in restaurant environment, offered takeaway option or ability to be home delivered
There were many operators serving average to poor quality product with no real health aspect, prepared and cooked old ways that did not make you feel very good afterwards (we mean that uncomfortable feeling in the stomach felt hours later or had you reaching for a litre of water in the middle of the night). Most outlets only offered stale, unhygienic or uninviting surrounds with set menus providing no real option to alter or create your own meal. We also believe you must have confidence in the health and hygiene aspect of food; no better way than to bring the kitchen out in the open with the ability for customer's to see how their meal is prepared from all stages with NO pre cooking of produce.
The market for fast casual dining is limited with only traditional fast food chains and outlets constantly battling to market, promote and convince consumers their product’s as being healthy, when we decided; lets just deliver it.
And so the journey began… The foundation store was built in Windsor, NSW and Stir Crazy served its first bowl of noodles in early 2000. The public embraced the concept and 18 months passed with continuous growth in business and a steep path of learning and attention to customer feedback. Discussions about expansion through franchising, or company operated restaurants were options as multiple stores were built and operated over the ensuing years. A franchise model was created with the team and market leader DC Strategy in 2010 and lies avaialable as an option for the company to progress with if only if the right operator comes along and a great location is secured. The company has several locations which continue to be a solid foudation for a successful business model that has several avenues to explore in coming years.